Friday, August 18, 2006

My Uneducated Footcer Predictions

I did write a couple of entries in the interim to this one, but I'll have to search for them. Maybe later. August has been really, really busy.

---

I'm just not ready for the English Premiership season to start yet (which, oddly enough, makes me just like Chelsea). Ordinarily on the eve of wonderfulness that is the start of the supreme footcer season, I'd be making predictions or at least saying which teams I like the most and the least but I haven't even finished looking over the summer transfers (again, kind of like Chelsea).

The only real prediction throwdown I want to lay down is this:

Jermaine Pennant will lead the EPL in assists with Liverpool - for what that's worth.

All I have to say is that if Peter Crouch can't convert a bunch of goals with the service he's going to get from two of the top five crossers on the planet, than he really is bambi on ice.

Speaking of trying to regain form, Andy Johnson is one of my two strikers going into this year's first week of the fantasy season. I have a sneaking suspicion he will score Everton's first goal of the season when the Toffees play Watford.

I fully expect to do horribly in this first week as I am not very diversified. My team is a lot of Tottenham, Everton, West Ham, and Portsmouth - the four teams with the most favorable schedule for tomorrow's matches as well as the mid-week games.

Arsenal, Liverpool, and Newcastle United with only one game don't seem like great plays to me. Fulham draws the Manchester United defense (not that anyone but Queudrue, Boa Morte, and John - if he starts - are worth playing for Fulham anyhow). And, like I said, Chelsea doesn't even know who's starting for Chelsea.

Once they get that started the fantasy EPL season can start.

It's just too bad that when that happens, the real EPL season will be all but over for the other 19 teams.

That's one thing that I do know for certain this season. That and Watford don't stand a chance of staying up.

Wigan will not happen two years in a row.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Regarding your blog about manchester united. The best site for manchester united is **http://www.freepremiership.com**. http://www.freepremiership.com is the top free osccer website in the world and features the latest Premiership club news, fixtures, scores, scorers, radio streams, tv streams and lots more football links.

2:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home