Monday, July 17, 2006

Still Running A Few Days Behind

This post would have made more sense had I posted it while it was still topical (also known as Friday):

Damn VH1 again! So I had just started watching "The Libertine" before I decided that I should probably eat something if I want to make the seven hour train to bus ride to Toyota Park (I almost said Pizza Hut Park but that would have taken a plane flight into DFW as well) so I turned it off.

First thing when I was eating I turned on CNN and the whole thing was just too troubling so I decided to flip through my favorite channels. What should I stumble on but VH1 showing "Best Week Ever." Now it was the end but I watched it anyhow and what should appear next but "Web Junk 20."

I just had to watch it because if the Zinadine Zidane parody wasn't the #1 web video of the week, I was going to be quite angry.

Though looking around the interweb myself today, I can't say I blame Zidane anymore because the BBC found a lipreading analyst to see what was said.

He apparently told him that he hoped he and his family died a painful death. Now I think he overreacted just as bad as Wayne Rooney but at least he was provoked more than the younger hothead.

That's not the video that's the funniest though (it's actually pretty serious). There is a collection of all the various parodies set to friggin' Benny Hill!

Then there's this Nintendo one if you're feeling really old school.

And finally there's this super mega mix over Prodigy's "Smack My Bitch Up" or this shorter one set to Blur's "Song 2" or this more touching one set to Take That's "I Want You Back."

When I say touching, I mean both kinds of touching. ;)

Though I feel really bad because in the end it's almost always Materazzi who becomes the butt of the joke (pardon the pun). Aw hell, he's got the silverware so I can't feel too bad for him.




So yeah, BRUCE ARENA IS OUT. But the sad thing is it wasn't of his own volition. He still feels like he did nothing wrong which is amazing.

Maybe it's just a Brooklyn thing but being fired just isn't good enough for him. He should be forced to apologize in front of the nation and do the talk show circuits after the debacle he made of everything in Germany.

His career's going to go on unlike Zidane's (rumor has it, he'll be coaching Red Bull New York in the very near future not that it will help that cursed team) and he's going to go through life not taking any responsibility.

You'd think if you got fired in the middle of LaGuardia Airport, it would turn on flashing lights that it really is all your fault!

The saddest thing I've heard (again, both kinds of sad) to come out of the whole debacle is that someone, in Sports Illustrated so it's kind of understandable, dropped Dave Sarachan as a possible replacement.

He's done such a splendid job with the Fire and all. Put him in charge and watch our FIFA rankings fall below that of Canada.

Have we really dropped that low in esteem so quickly that Dave Sarachan is listed as a possible replacement.

That's the kind of national morale that only Bruce Arena could muster.

By the way, the video in question was #1 on the list so I thoroughly endorse VH1's judgement in this case. :)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Regarding your blog about jersey newcastle soccer united. The best site for jersey newcastle soccer united is **http://www.freepremiership.com**. http://www.freepremiership.com is the top free osccer website in the world and features the latest Premiership club news, fixtures, scores, scorers, radio streams, tv streams and lots more football links.

5:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home