Monday, June 12, 2006

At Least There Were Lots Of People To Share The Sorrow

SEATTLE, WASHINGTON


I'm writing this entry from the Fado in Pioneer Square. At this point all I can do is fucking cry about what just happened to the Footcer Yanks. I predicted right when the draw was announced that we were going to lose to the Czechs 0-2 but I was hoping I was wrong.

Well I was wrong since we lost 0-3 to the Czechs and it wasn't nearly as close as I expected it to be. :(

We looked like we had reverted to the team we would have fielded in about 1995. Thank goodness I had a cider to drown out my sorrows a bit.

4-5-1? FUCKING WHY?

Eddie Johnson was the one bright spot when he came into the match and showed why by 2010 he'll be the best striker the United States has ever produced.

And will Bruce Arena start him in the next match against Italy? I really hope so!

No, forget it, I definitely don't want to talk about that. Plus for the most part I couldn't see the television at all.

The Fado in Pioneer Square was packed to the point where people were crammed into vantage points where you couldn't even see the television. And when the shot hit the goal post the whole bar burst into a collective sigh. I can only imagine what The Globe (or Chicago's Fado) looked like during the match.

Though I do have to say that Fado is now empty as everybody has left to go to work. Speaking of which, I should probably check my e-mail now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home