Monday, June 05, 2006

Fun World Cup Stuff To Stay Alive For

If there any way that one's faith can be confirmed in choosing agnostic humanism, a recent story out of Ukraine confirms my own beliefs. A suicidal man lowered himself with a rope into a lion's cage in Kiev screaming, "God will save me, if he exists."

The man subsequently had his throat ripped out by a female lion.

If there is a God than I'm thinking that he or she isn't going to bother with someone jumping into a lion's cage right about now.

I mean, come on, there are way too many prayers coming from all over the globe about footcer. :)

Instead of jumping into the lion's cage, the man should have looked at the following chart, gone to Germany and used the following two phrases:





and,





I mean, it's like those amp'd mobile commercials that were running a little bit ago where the slogan was "don't die, Amp'd mobile is coming soon." Except this is possibly the worst time to die (not that there's ever a great time to do so) since it's only four days until the World Cup.




I "drafted" my roster for Yahoo's fantasy World Cup. Here's my starting lineup:

G - Cech; D - Carragher; D - Del Horno; D - Dragutinovic; M - Lampard; M - Ronaldinho; M - Deco; M - Riquelme; F - Henry; F - Van Nistelrooy (aka the Golden Boot winner); F - Shevchenko

I won't go into my 12 reserves since, you know, I've got to keep some secrets. :)

The reason? I'm founding my own little group to compete against anyone who wants to bring it on. It's group #28295!

Footcer Ball Of Destiny

Password is: footcer

E-mail me at displacedbeatnik@yahoo.com if you want help joining.

Don't worry. I'll probably do pretty bad as my team is closer to Ronald McDonald's than it is Goleo VI's as far as the celebrity league picks (the ones that are open to the public).

I think Ronald, being a footcer Yank is overestimating Mexico and the United States. But, it's alright that he's thinking with his giant clown heart and not his curly haired head. After all, it's only four days from the time every four years where anything is possible in 270 minutes.

It's, you know, the 270 other minutes that follow where only about six teams will do anything. :)




Just one more quick footcer related note. The Independent (aka my paper of choice when I'm in the United Kingdom) published a list of exciting little side stories that might or might not have anything to do with the World Cup more than tangentially but are the kind of silly little footcer stories that I love. The list is at http://sport.independent.co.uk/football/comment/article624177.ece.




LINK OF THE DAY


http://www.click2translate.com/worldcup2006/


The complete list of World Cup related phrases from the above cut and saved list.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»

6:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home