Thursday, May 25, 2006

I Have Become Footcer Blind

It's very odd that I have completely missed the fact that Northern Ireland and Romania are playing at Soldier Field tomorrow evening. The crackhead is with the Romanian team so it would be cool to see one of the most talented players on Earth in Chicago.

Though I don't think I'll be bringing the Romanian flag that I picked up right before taking the 36 hour train ride back to Warsaw. That would probably be pretty dangerous.

If I miss the match, it won't mean that much since Northern Ireland, who are crap to begin with, is apparently missing half of their team. Odd when the underdogs bring their "B" team.

I'm just confused as to why this match is happening at all since neither team have anything to prepare for and neither team has any fan base in the United States.

The first match that Northern Ireland played on this tour was against Uruguay at Giants Stadium. It drew 4,152.

I have to guess that the attendance at Soldier Field will draw even less since there are more Uruguayans around New York than Romanians around Chicago.

And the cheapest tickets are $35.00. This crap match should probably be free.

I mean Adrian Mutu is a force to behold but even Andriy Shevchenko isn't worth $35.00 all by himself.

Though a Ukraine match would be huge here!

And this isn't the ROI. I'm not sure there are that many people from "the north" here in Chicago.

That and, cripes, if I didn't know about it chances are no one else has a clue. Though apparently it made the news because there are "hooligan worries."

Yeah, from the 15 Northern Ireland supporters who show up. :)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»

8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home