Thursday, April 27, 2006

In The End, I Am Still A Yank After All

First of all I just want to say FUCK THE ARSENAL! Yeah, I know that most of my friends and the general population of the United Kingdom want to see the English team win the Champions League for the second year running but thankfully being from the United States, I have no such biases.

Maybe Ronaldinho will win the Champions League and let his guard down when it comes to the World Cup.

Of course that will just again let an England team win something which will just give all my English friends and people on the message boards a reason to talk more smack. But even though I don't like Barcelona one iota, I want to see them win for La Liga! Viva Espana (as being in the United States, my keyboard has no enye)! Or something. And mostly because Villarreal was robbed.

I didn't watch the match yesterday but everything that I saw in the stats showed the Spanish team dominating at El Madrigal but were unable to break through (I hate) Jens Lehman's ungodly good goaltending.

Now a lot has been made of (should have been the final) AC Milan v. Barcelona not being shown in the United States today. But it was hardly the beautiful war it could have been. It seemed like more of a seige. And any 0-0 draw not shown on American television is a good 0-0 draw. :)

By the by, the two teams in that semi-final combine for nine Brazilians. Nine Brazilians. And yet there are still people who doubt that Brazil should repeat as world champions in a walk.

This is unrelated but there were two footcer stories today that gave me hope for the future. The first is that MLS is working with the MFL to create a United States v. Mexico club tournament. The second is a list put together as a pundity piece on ESPN.com about possible players that MLS could buy during the European close season.

The though of the Irish national hero (or well Irish national villain in recent time) Roy Keane playing in MLS makes me misty eyed. And to think of Jared Borgetti and Eddie Johnson going head to head in a club match in the United States borders makes me outright giddy.

Of course the punditry is all a pipe dream but it's a wonderful pipe dream.




http://spanishfootballsports.blogspot.com/


Today I found out when I looked up some combination of search term involving "chants" in Yahoo, that this blog is the #1 search result. That's kind of awesome I guess. I just wish I could remember which set because that's a screen capture I would love to see again. But the silly thing is the title is spelled wrong. So I went to look at my blog and Footcer Socblog is spelled right. Anyhow, that's neither here nor there. What is here, there, and a LOTD in reference to some of the other snippets for once is a link this other blogger left me to his Spanish footcer specific blog, in English. It's a good blog even if it seems to talk about nothing but Brazilians recently.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks , Im striker

owner of //spanishfootballsports.blogspot.com.

I will link you on my page.

Its spelt correctly & there is more than just brazilians ....

It also covers other spanish sports & sportsman.

Peace!

will appreciate a link from your end

7:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Regarding your blog about football score unh, there are some great deals on offer now at http://www.sky-signup.com, http://www.bargainplace.co.uk, http://wwwomega3.com and http://www.argosonlinecatalogue.co.uk. You will get football score unh plus football score unh. Includes broadband, digibox and installation for free plus you get a £10 bonus for signing up online at http://www.sky-signup.com

11:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Regarding your blog about graffiti liverpool. The best site for graffiti liverpool is **http://www.freepremiership.com**. http://www.freepremiership.com is the top free osccer website in the world and features the latest Premiership club news, fixtures, scores, scorers, radio streams, tv streams and lots more football links.

12:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

MESSAGE

9:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

MESSAGE

12:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi read your blog - seeing as you feature manchester united f.c I thought you might like to get the latest Manchester United football news. If you know any United fans then please pass this on. Cheers for now ;-)

4:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home