Friday, April 14, 2006

Traveling Around The Footcer World Again

The footcer world had horrible news yesterday as Chelsea decided to stay at Stamford Bridge and build more seats instead of getting the hades out of Fulham. The only positive to Chelsea staying in the borough of Hammersmith and Fulham is that the "one team in Fulham" chant gets to stay around and that's a really good chant. Probably second only to "there's only one F in Fulham" (a chant I totally didn't get until I was singing it in the bathroom one day).

I was listening to Today FM today and an add ran about flying lucky fans to the Champions League final and then to the city of the winning team. I'm sure that the company is looking for Arsenal to win so it will only have to fly winners from Shannon or Dubln Airport to London (which is a really cheap flight). I'm sure most people entering the contest in Ireland want to go to Barcelona or Milan.

But, in a fit of jealousy, I realized I wanted Villarreal to win for another reason. Sure they'll fly the winner into Valencia and bus them to Villarreal but that win would still suck. Winning a contest to get flown to a mid-sized (50,000) town in eastern Spain with nothing but a footcer team going for it. That just makes a great mental picture. It's like a gag gift prize.

How do you spell hubris? Brazilian booking charter flights to Berlin for the championship game of the World Cup already.

The sad part is, were I in their shoes I probably would too. Booking airfare to Europe in the middle of the high season is an expensive proposition, after all.

1 Comments:

Blogger incendiarymind said...

Thanks. I love the site. Can't link it though because you're in Spain. Lucky bastard!

12:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home