Monday, July 25, 2005

We've Discovered An Alternate Footcer Universe

Geez. I go away to rock out for one weekend and the entire footcer world turns upsidown. It's been well publicized that MLS was a giant clusterf*c* for the top teams of the league. I haven't updated the one-table standings on this blog because I fear the second I do, the world will end as I admit an alternate dimension exists.

Chicago, FC Dallas, and New England can take solace in the fact that this last are first. Real Madrid lost a pre-season friendly 0-3 to Tokyo Verdy.

Tokyo Verdy sits in 17th (second to last) in the J-League and had recently fired their coach.

The match also involved an ugly spitting incident. Kazuyuki Toda is alleged to have spat in David Beckham's face. He later left the game on a stretcher. Imagine what would have happened if he had mussed Beckham's hair?

---

One of the joys of looking for funny footcer news is the names one discovers. In a story on the African Champions League, I discovered there's a team called Arab Contractors from Egypt.

I'm wondering what the alternative would be in Egypt.

Again, if we found out, the world might end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home