Friday, July 22, 2005

Stop Trying To Out Tough Everton Man City

Whoever pulled the prank at Old Trafford to turn the giant red Manchester United sign into a four letter word (although I feel stupid not being able to figure out which one) is my new hero forever.

I really mean it. This weekend I'm going to Lollapalooza here in Chicago (totally selling out the MLS and the United States MNT by not watching a game) and paid $125.00 to see J. Mascis, my old hero. I'd pay twice as much to meet that guy. :)

I'm sure a lot of other people would too. But probably just to kick the sh*t out of him (it can't be that word because the "H" comes before the "S"). Oh, I just figured it out. It's c*nt. Duh!

It seems as though many Manchester United fans would also like to meet Rio Ferdinand in a dark alley. But, they'd need a few more of them than to beat up the guy who changed the sign.

These fans could re-enact the experience of their crosstown rivals whose Joey Barton got into a fight with a teenage Everton fan in Bankok. But to be fair, as I pointed out before, Everton and their fans are much tougher this year so a 15-year old Everton fan could be a fair fight.

Anyhow, he got sent back to northwest England and his time with the team may be running short.

It's really good this incident didn't happen at the Peace Cup because then it would have been even more inappropriate. By the way, in the most underpublicized tournament ever (there were some huge names in this friendly tournament like PSV, Lyon, Boca Juniors, and Real Sociedad), Tottenham is playing Lyon in the finals this weekend. The winner gets $2 million U.S. (well they get it in whatever currency they use I guess).

In 2003, the L.A. Galaxy were actually in this tournament which was won by PSV. Sure it's great that the MLS All-Stars are going to Spain but it would be more greater if the MLS could get their way back into this tourney again.

So long as they promise not to get into any trouble in any bars in South Korea that is.

Oh, and of course I must join the mosh pit of United States MNT admiration and hope they beat Panama soundly on Sunday to win the Gold Cup. I always knew they could do it. ;) Hades, I was one of the few people who was paying attention to the Gold Cup at the start. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home