Thursday, June 02, 2005

Please Don't Let Me Ever Call Them London Fulham

On a lighter note than the impending war between CONCACAF fans and UEFA fans - cue West Side Story snapping - a positively ingenious smartass came up with the Manchester Buccaneers Blog.

In a way, it's a little embarassing for me since it's a parody of someone from the United States talking about footcer (in particular Manchester United). And, some of the parody and satire is just dead on. Some of my favorite "Yankized" terminology includes:

- First he was involved in a bar brawl in the northern English town of Sweden.
- And now Sir Ferguson is telling him that he will be traded if he doesn't ink a new contract at the Trafford Ballpark franchise.
- I see Ashley Cole and the general manager of London Chelsea...
- I made an error in my last post when I said Manchester should draft Keiron Richardson.
- Maybe a better coach, like Sven Eriksson, would get us above the London Arsenals and into the first alternate spot in the EPL.
- The England soccer side are in the US of A at the moment as they get ready to play Team USA in a country v country super-clash exhibition game at the Bruce Arena in Chicago.
- Because Liverpool come from the north of england, there is a big hatred between them and Manchester who of course come from the south.

Someone please shoot me if I ever say anything like that accidentally. :)

---

In somewhat related news, this is also funny going the other direction:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home